Canada is one of the main G-7 Nations and the second biggest nation in the world with a population of 30 million individuals. It is a developed economy, with excellent working conditions, great infrastructure, high standard of living and best medical services network. Canada has been nominated as the best place to live for five years on the trot. Factors such as personal satisfaction, employment opportunities, low crime rate, and future scope make Canada a place to be.Vancouver and Toronto ranked third and fourth respectively on the EIU’s Global Liveability ranking.
Every year over 200,000 migrants call Canada their home. Canada has migrants from all parts of the world and it owes its growth to the commitment made by these very settlers. Regardless of where you come from, once you migrate you have every one of the privileges of a Canadian resident. These rights are secured under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. As a Canadian native, you can apply for a Canadian travel permit and you are qualified to vote.
Canada Immigration System
With effect from first January 2015, Canadian Government introduced Express Entry Visa for selecting deserving migrants out of a large pool of applicants. Express Entry visa has been very popular since its launch because of its uniqueness. The new system is unique in many ways and has brought about a big transformation in the way the Canadian government chooses skilled immigrants for entry into the country ;the CIC does not process the applications passively anymore, but it rather chooses the people it would like to invite into the country, from a pool of aspirants vying for a place in the last selected batch of qualified candidates.
The salient features of ‘Express Entry’ are as follows:
- The candidates selected under this scheme are granted permanent residence status. They do not need to compete against the occupational ceilings – the system overrides first come first serve basis of evaluation - and predetermined time deadlines which were prevalent in the past.
- The program includes following schemes:
(1) All of the former federal skills migration initiatives, FSW – Federal Skilled Worker scheme; FSTP – Federal Skilled Trade Program; CEC – Canada Experience Class;
(2) Some parts of provincial nomination schemes;
- Express Entry is an electronic platform that allows the aspiring applicants to create online profiles free of charge which can be retained for a period of 12 months, post the 12 months period the applicants may resubmit their profiles for future consideration;
- Before initiating profile creation process, the candidates must negotiate a preliminary process – they must get their academic accomplishments assesses from a designated evaluation body of Canada, like WES; and they must also write an approved language test i.e, IELTS general to evidence their linguistic skills in English;
- The profiles are gauged for eligibility by the CRS or Comprehensive Ranking System. The CRS assesses the applicants on the basis of certain pre-determined criteria, like:
Professional exposure, and
Other deemed vital profile traits that can evidence ability of new entrants in settling in the Canadian environment;
- After gauging the profiles, the CRS ranks them on the basis of the marks obtained;
- Additional marks can be obtained by the candidates under following conditions:
Sponsorships earned from a wiling Canadian state, if any;
Full time regular employment offer from a Canadian employer;
Any Siblings living in Canada
Any approved education undertaken in Canada
- Short listing draws are conducted at regular intervals by CIC to pick the applicants who have scored highest marks; or have secured a provincial nomination; or have obtained a permanent employment offer from a Canadian employer – through job bank;
- The shortlisted candidates are issued an ITA (Invitation to Apply) and are given 60 days to respond, failing which the invitation is canceled; and
- The CIC promises to evaluate requests of the selected applicants within six months of receipt of completed requests;